Baked Spaghetti Recipe: A Mouthwatering Twist on a Classic Dish!
Baked spaghetti is a delightful twist on the classic Italian dish that will leave your taste buds craving for more. This comforting and cheesy casserole takes the traditional spaghetti recipe to new heights, making it perfect for family dinners or potluck gatherings. With its layers of pasta, meaty sauce, and gooey melted cheese, baked spaghetti is sure to become a favorite in your household. So let's dive into this mouthwatering recipe and learn how to create this delectable masterpiece!
Ingredients required for Baked Spaghetti
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Step-by-step instructions for making Baked Spaghetti
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Boil a pot of salted water and cook the spaghetti according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and sauté until fragrant.
3. Add ground beef or Italian sausage to the skillet and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease.
4. Stir in marinara sauce, crushed tomatoes, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to meld together.
5. In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked spaghetti with half of the meat sauce mixture. Toss until well coated.
6. Transfer half of the spaghetti mixture into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
7. Layer the remaining meat sauce on top of the cheese layer, followed by another layer of spaghetti mixture.
8. Top with more mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
9. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
10. Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
11. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your mouthwatering baked spaghetti!
Tips and variations for enhancing the Baked Spaghetti
To enhance the flavor and texture of your Baked Spaghetti, here are some tips and variations you can try:
1. Add vegetables: Incorporating vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach can add a burst of freshness and nutrients to your dish. Simply sauté them before adding them to the sauce.
2. Experiment with different cheeses: While mozzarella is the classic choice for Baked Spaghetti, don't be afraid to mix it up. Try using a combination of cheddar, Parmesan, or even feta cheese for a unique twist.
3. Spice it up: If you prefer a bit of heat, consider adding some red pepper flakes or diced jalapenos to the sauce. This will give your Baked Spaghetti a spicy kick that will tantalize your taste buds.
4. Use different meats: While traditional Baked Spaghetti calls for ground beef, you can switch it up by using ground turkey, chicken, or even Italian sausage. Each meat will bring its own distinct flavor to the dish.
5. Try different pasta shapes: Instead of using traditional spaghetti noodles, experiment with other pasta shapes like penne or rigatoni. These shapes hold onto the sauce better and provide a delightful texture in every bite.
6. Add herbs and spices: Enhance the overall flavor profile by adding herbs like basil, oregano, or parsley to your sauce. You can also sprinkle some garlic powder or Italian seasoning for an extra layer of taste.
By incorporating these tips and variations into your Baked Spaghetti recipe, you can create a truly unique and mouthwatering dish that will leave everyone asking for seconds!
Serving suggestions and garnishing ideas for Baked Spaghetti
When it comes to serving baked spaghetti, the possibilities are endless. This versatile dish can be enjoyed on its own as a main course or paired with a side salad for a complete meal. To add an extra layer of flavor, consider topping your baked spaghetti with some grated Parmesan cheese or fresh basil leaves. For those who enjoy a bit of spice, sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top. To make it even more indulgent, serve it with garlic bread or cheesy garlic knots on the side. The combination of flavors and textures will surely leave your taste buds satisfied. So get creative and experiment with different garnishing ideas to make your baked spaghetti truly shine!
In conclusion, the Baked Spaghetti recipe is a delightful twist on the classic dish that will leave your taste buds craving for more. The combination of tender spaghetti noodles, savory meat sauce, and gooey cheese creates a mouthwatering experience that is hard to resist. Whether you're serving it for a family dinner or entertaining guests, this dish is sure to impress. Don't be afraid to get creative with your toppings and add-ins to make it your own. So go ahead, give this recipe a try and indulge in the comforting flavors of Baked Spaghetti!
Published: 16. 12. 2023